Forge Fencing Academy & Club is seeking qualified full-time and part-time staffing in order to support the rapid growth and development of our diverse programing in the Olympic and Paralympic sport of fencing in Durham, NC. We seek professional coaches or athletes excited about Youth through Div 1 development in Region 6. We are seeking to fill positions relating to:
Epee Program Leader and Coach
Academy Instructor (2-6 hours a week)
Summer Camp Staff (weekly, contract)
Local and Regional Tournament Coordinator
Full-time employees are paid a base salary plus an hourly coaching rate. We currently offer quarterly profit sharing as a benefit after one full year of employment. Part-time coaching rates will be based on duties performed. For entry level experience, the hourly rate is Durham’s living wage standard. Additional supplementary paid roles such as tournament management, refereeing, and armory services are negotiable and desired.
Income potential and base will be customized to experience, motivation and types of work willing and desired to take on. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who likes to build teams in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and a 5-10 minute video of you instructing to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can learn more about our club and our community at www.forgefencing.com on Instagram or Facebook. Our fencing community is able to provide critical leadership, guidance, support and direction for those who believe in our vision, have a positive attitude and share our values:
- Core Responsibilities:
- Uphold Forge Fencing Team’s mission and vision, positive coaching culture, and values.
- Provide the highest level of professional sport service to every client regardless of fencing status or ability.
- Uphold and enforce team policies & practices.
- Promote fairness and equity at every opportunity.
- Provide group and individual instruction, monitor open bouting, and perform other duties related to supporting a healthy club environment.
- Coaching & Athlete Development:
- Ensure the safety and well being of students no matter the level of participation.
- Coordinate and execute participant training and development plans in conjunction with Weapon Program Leader.
- Weapon Program Leader will work closely as part of the Leadership Core in order to develop a nationally competitive epee team.
- Teach positive, enthusiastic, and impact driven group classes, summer camps, and outreach programs.
- Develop and train fencing athletes of all ages and skill levels in large group, small group, and individual lesson training situations.
- Be accountable for expanding class and individual lesson retention & recruitment metrics.
- Administrative & Support Duties:
- Check-in and enroll students into our automated system.
- Provide sales and programming information to prospective clients.
- Assist clients in enrolling and taking payments for services.
- Email, phone, text, or communicate with clients as needed.
- Assist participants with equipment needs.
- Provide first aid, AED, and CPR as needed and maintain certifications.
- Supervise safety of participants.
- Follow and enforce health and safety policies and procedures.
- Be accountable for recruitment and retention.
- Maintain USA Fencing Professional membership, valid Safesport Certification, and background check.
- Provide assistance in cleaning, repairing, and maintaining state of the art training facilities.
- Other duties as required.
Forge Fencing Academy and Club was founded in 2022 and inherited a large nationally competitive saber program and a growing epee and foil program of youth and experienced fencers. We are housed in a new 8,000 sq. ft. facility with 16 dedicated full-sized electric strips and one parafencing strip. The club currently is home to 150 members with the growth potential of over 250 members. We are partners with Forge Teams, the Durham Sports Commission and a variety of local community organizations. Community and current and past employee references available upon request.