Forge Fencing Academy & Club is seeking qualified full-time foil and épée coach in order to support the rapid growth and development of our diverse programing in the Olympic and Paralympic sport of fencing in Durham, NC.
Salary is based on experience and we have opportunities for quarterly profit sharing and health insurance. Durham has a living wage standard which we adhere to as a minimum standard for all employees.
Income potential and base salary will be customized based on experience, motivation and types of work willing and desired to take on. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who likes to build teams in a supportive and collaborative environment. We are looking for a professional coach committed to their own growth process, as well as the process of growth for our team and North Carolina fencing development.
The ideal candidate has experience and desire in building:
- Regional and National Teams in the weapons of foil and épée.
- Nurturing with a growth mindset a community in all three Olympic-style form of fencing, aligning with the American Developmental Model.
- Summer Camp Programs and Instruction.
- Local and Regional Tournament Coordination and Regional Growth.
Our fencing community is able to provide critical leadership, guidance, support and direction for those who believe in our vision, have a positive attitude and share our values. The candidate must align with these values and responsibilities:
- Core Responsibilities:
- Uphold Forge Fencing Team’s mission and vision, positive coaching culture, and values.
- Provide the highest level of professional sport service to every client regardless of fencing status or ability.
- Uphold and enforce team policies & practices.
- Promote fairness and equity at every opportunity.
- Provide group and individual instruction, monitor open bouting, and perform other duties related to supporting a healthy club environment.
- Coaching & Athlete Development:
- Ensure the safety and well being of students no matter the level of participation.
- Coordinate and execute participant training and development plans in conjunction with Weapon Program Leader.
- Weapon Program Leader will work closely as part of the Leadership Core in order to develop a nationally competitive team.
- Teach positive, enthusiastic, and impact driven group classes, summer camps, and outreach programs.
- Develop and train fencing athletes of all ages and skill levels in large group, small group, and individual lesson training situations.
- Be accountable for expanding class and individual lesson retention & recruitment metrics.
- Administrative & Support Duties:
- Check-in and enroll students into our automated system.
- Provide sales and programming information to prospective clients.
- Assist clients in enrolling and taking payments for services.
- Email, phone, text, or communicate with clients as needed.
- Assist participants with equipment needs.
- Provide first aid, AED, and CPR as needed and maintain certifications.
- Supervise safety of participants.
- Follow and enforce health and safety policies and procedures.
- Be accountable for recruitment and retention.
- Maintain USA Fencing Professional membership, valid Safesport Certification, and background check.
- Provide assistance in cleaning, repairing, and maintaining state of the art training facilities.
- Other duties as required.
Forge Fencing Academy and Club was founded in 2022 and inherited a large nationally competitive saber program and has a solid pipeline of developing epee and foil youth as well as experienced lifetime fencers. We are housed in a glorious 8,000 sq. ft. facility with 16 dedicated full-sized electric strips and one parafencing strip. The club currently is home to 190 members with the growth potential of over 250 members. We are partners with Forge Teams, the Durham Sports Commission and a variety of local community organizations. Community and current and past employee references available upon request. Please send your resume to email@example.com.