Forge Fencing Academy & Club is proud to host the 2023 Bull City Regional Youth Circuit event on April 29th & 30th, 2023. Events will feature Youth-10, Youth-12, and Youth-14 events in both foil and saber Olympic styles of fencing.
The Bull City RYC will take place at the newest Region 6 competition venue, Forge, located at 610 North Duke Street, Durham NC 27701. Armory control will be located upstairs to your right on the mezzanine. The athlete check-in kiosk will be located in the lobby. Bout committee is located downstairs, and our medical staff will be posted in the front lobby.
Forge is close proximity to a welcoming downtown for dining, shopping, and entertainment with many chain and boutique hotel options within walking distance. To learn more about our unique city head to Discover Durham.
Expect the same level of equipment control that you would find at a national tournament. Our professional and friendly armory staff will certify your equipment, and can offer limited repair services. Forge Fencing does have a small pro-shop in which we stock commonly needed items such body cords, gloves, blades, saber lames, and more! Equipment control will be open on Friday evening, April 28th from 6:30pm until 8:30pm for athletes who would like get their equipment checked early.
We are expecting to have a FUN and exciting weekend. Please double check your EVENT TIMES, some events on Sunday have been shifted 30 minutes to accommodate event size. To help accomodate everyone we are asking:
- Please bring only what you need to compete into the facility. Leave large bags in your vehicle.
- Only athletes, coaches, and tournament staff are allowed on the fencing floor.
- Spectators can use our large mezzanine to watch their fencer, please arrive at the start time you are spectating, and leave room for others to watch & cheer.
- Medals are awarded to the top 8 athletes in each event after the conclusion of the event.
- Have your USA Fencing card (printed or digital copy from your profile) ready to scan for check-in.
Forge Fencing Academy & Club Conduct Standards
Our competition will strictly adhere to USA Fencing Codes of Conduct, as well as SafeSport Guidelines including MAAP resources. In addition, our tournament has a specific set of guidelines outlined below. Every individual within our facility is expected to be familiar with, and adhere to these behavior expectations:
- Show encouragement to all fencers.
- Keep comments positive.
- Respect personal and professional boundaries of fencers, referees and coaches by providing space and keeping safe distances away from the fencing floor.
- Allow coaches and team leaders to coach, support and give advice to their fencers.
- Volunteer if you want to be more involved: bout committee, food runs, photography or becoming an armorer are just a few ways our community can be supported.
- Leave officiating to the officials.
- Avoid or ignore drama and unnecessary controversy that is unproductive.
- Help make our events a positive experience for us all.
- Report disruptions of these agreements to any tournament staff member.
About the Bull City
On behalf of our community, we would like to thank everyone for supporting this event. This tournament is held in honor of our amazing city, Durham NC and the Durham Sports Commission. We are excited to welcome you to this event, and to our town. Email email@example.com for questions or concerns.